This is a super late post, am so sorry!
Last December, my cutiepatootie turned one. Yep, I now have a one year old! I am still in disbelief sometimes that I was able to carry a cutie in my belly, more so deliver one. And sometimes I can’t believe I’m now a mom!!! Life is so much sweeter and lovelier now that we are a family of three.
So when the husband and I were ‘conceptualizing’ what his party would be like, we thought it would be fun to have a cowboy themed one since well, the baby boy would look even more cuter in a cowboy hat, bandana and all. 🙂 okay, that’s not really the reason. Truth is, we don’t have one, we just thought a cowboy party would be fun! 🙂
Pinterest was my go-to page. I just pinned everything I liked. I am a frustrated events coordinator and what better venue to put my skills into than my own family’s affair, yes? 🙂 The husband is an artist (I consider myself one, too.. Haha) so the implementation would be his part. I also just took advantage of my friends, coz you know, what are friends for, right? 😀
1. The invite. I wanted the invite to not be soooo pretty, because well, the celebrant is a boy. Haha. The invite was perfectly done by a dear friend, Seth’s godfather, Steve. I just gave him the details and what I wanted to be on it.
2. The Venue. We originally reserved La Mesa EcoPark because I wanted the ‘park feel’. It was also cozy and homey, but our main consideration was the safety of the guests, plus the ventilation. Also the accessibility- it’s kinda hard to reach.
We reserved the Multi-Purpose Pavilion which I think is the safest (it is enclosed) but we had to consider the ventilation as well. It is not air conditioned, there are no fans as well. They have industrial fans for rent for 500 each, and they only have 2 available.
And then there’s Juanito’s Bistro. The homey, cozy, Juanito’s. I was kind of considering it being a Bistro but if you see the place it really isn’t the typical bar. Parties, meetings, etc. are being held there so it’s really a good place. I was considering a place that has a caterer as well. The interior was perfect for the ranch theme as well. The food was good, too, and was more than enough.
Add the fact that the owner, Ms. Lisa, is super okay to talk to! She made everything very easy, she was assistive and professional.
The only thing that they could improve on would be the sound system, as they don’t have any. They said they did before but they had a problem (was broken or something) so they don’t offer that service anymore.
3. The Design. The hubby with the help of a dear friend (Seth’s ninong Rr) made the wooden ladder, along with the backdrop. I of course conceptualized. 😀 We bought the wooden letters at Celebrations Party Central in Fairview Terraces.
4. Entertainment. We hired Boogie and Friends. Honestly speaking I had high expectation based on the reviews. They were just ‘okay’. I specifically asked for an English Speaking Host and during the party he did speak english but only at times. I felt like the host was not worth what I paid for. But they were good too, and funny.
There was also face painting c/o Boogie and Friends as well.
5. The Dessert.
Candy Buffet. Everything was my sister in law’s idea. Well I did give her pictures but I was super surprised because the candy buffet was more that what I imagined it to be! Career to the highest level 😀 It was cute, inviting and yummy!
The cake was a gift from my sister and her husband. It was by a dear friend as well, ate Awa.
We also had an ice cream cart, referred by Boogie and Friends.
6. Photo Booth. Ah, the perks of having church friends! Our photo booth was Photo Oops!, the owner of which are kuya Paul and ate Rose, cousins of a church mate. 🙂
– Photos during the party were courtesy of Ninong Macky and Ninang Pau (MAC|PAU Videography) and other photog friends
– Loot Bags – I bought stuff at divi with the help of my friend
All in all, it was a blessed, fun-filled day. 🙂 It was also Seth’s baptism before the party so we all got to hear the word first before we partied. 🙂
Happy Birthday (belated!!), my dear Seth. Mommy and dada love you oh so much!
Here are some more pics: