Everyone’s excited about Miss Universe 2017. Pageant enthusiast or not, we have to admit that we are looking forward to seeing who gets to be the best in long gown, best in swimsuit, best in talent, best in Q&A. The competition not only declares the most beautiful; it also displays confidence, wit, talent and creativity.
As part of displaying the candidates’ creativity, 19 candidates lent their time and talents by participating in producing customized Converse sneakers. These customized pairs of shoes are to be auctioned for the Positive Auction Foundation. This is a foundation supported by the Miss Universe organization which is devoted into helping individuals living with HIV/AIDS and their families, particularly those who are displaced from their employment due to the HIV phenomenon.
The candidates who participated are:
- Ms. Angola – Luisa Baptista
- Ms. Belgium – Stephanie Goldof
- Ms. Belize – Rebecca Rath
- Ms. Brazil – Raissa Santana
- Ms. Bulgaria – Violina Ancheva
- Ms. Cayman Islands – Monyque Brooks
- Ms. Costa Rica – Carolina Duran
- Ms. Germany – Johanna Acs
- Ms. Guatemala – Virginia Argueta
- Ms. Iceland – Hildur Maria
- Ms. Mexico – Kristal Silva
- Ms. Netherlands – Zoey Ivory
- Ms. Nicaragua – Marina Jacoby
- Ms. Panama – Keity Drenan
- Ms. Paraguay – Andrea Melgarejo
- Ms. Philippines – Maxine Medina
- Ms. Russia – Yuliana Korolkova
- Ms. Thailand – Chalita Suansane
- Ms. Uruguay – Magdalena Cohendent
A silent bid auction will be held for beauty pageant patrons and Chucks collectors to get the chance to own these personalized chucks. Bidders may submit their bids, names and contact details through the information officer in the mall exhibit of the shoes or through a private message at the Converse Facebook page. Starting bid for all pairs is at 50USD.
The personalized pairs may be seen at the exhibits in the following dates and venues:
- February 3-5: Robinsons Antipolo
- February 10-12: Robinsons Bulacan and Marquee Pampanga
- February 17-19: Robinsons Isabela and Robinsons Ilocos Norte
- February 24-26: Robinsons Tacloban and Robinsons Cebu
- March 3-5: Gaisano Mall of Davao City and Gaisano Mall of Digos
- March 10-12: Gaisano Mall of Tagum and Gaisano Mall of Toril
- March 17-19: Gaisano Mall of General Santos
Which one’s your fave? I already have my top 3 picks and being a fan of pageants, auctions and Chucks I’m also thinking of joining the bid myself.
Stay tuned on Converse’s Facebook page for more of #ConversePHx65MissUniverse.