I posted this challenge at the beginning of the year and I guess I wanna make it a tradition. Either that, or I can’t really think of a year-end blog post.
I’m sure it’s the latter. Haha.
1O THINGS I DID THIS YEAR.
1. Experimented with my hair- first, wore full bangs (thanks to papa Hans who did the cutting) then wore it short after years of wearing it long.
2. Went into a long distance relationship with Hans and rocked it.
3. Did the plunge at Bohol! I’m sooo proud of myself!
4. Said goodbye to a lot of my loved ones. From Hans to Jan to Cathy who are two of my best friends to a lot of other best friends – Bijoy, Ryan, Nikki who’s a cell baby. Yep, 2011 was the year of goodbye for me.
6. Started a cell group.
7. Went back to writing and started this blog.
8. Danced again after what seemed like forever.
9. Went back to the leaner, healthier Gmae: I lost 15 lbs., so that’s boooyeah.
10. Started a business with the family.
6 PHOTOS OF MEMORIES FROM THE LAST YEAR:
MY NEW YEAR’S PLANS.
1. Find a hospital job.
2. Trust God more. Obey.
3. Speak boldly.
4. Never say “I will never”.
5. Be organized more.
6. Date friends.
9. Travel more.
10. Write a book.
A LETTER TO A PERSON I GREW APART FROM LAST YEAR:
At the beginning of the year, you wanted to conquer the world. Slowly, you grew apart from that dream because you were so busy figuring out what you really want.
I’m sorry if I’ve been too preoccupied with figuring out what to do with my life that I grew apart from you. I’m sorry. I really am.
So that’s it. This year will be about us. This year we will never say “you will never”. This year we will be filled with so much hope. So much visions. So much love.
This is our year, love.
A PHOTO OF MYSELF FROM THE START OF LAST YEAR:
A LIST OF WHAT I WANT TO CHANGE IN THE NEW YEAR:
It will take me forever to make a list of the things that I want to change so let’s make it simple: THIS YEAR, I WILL STOP WHINING. I WILL SPEAK LESS, LISTEN MORE. I will no longer deal with mediocrity but will do things excellently.
5 PEOPLE I GOT REALLY CLOSE TO:
1. Hans’ mom ♥
2. Mylene (thanks to our tiangge!)
5. Bohol people: the entire group ( let’s just count it as one okay? HAHA)
MY RESOLUTION: THIS YEAR, I DECLARE THAT I WILL TRUST THE LORD MORE IN EVERYTHING I DO. I WILL SPEAK LESS, LISTEN MORE. THIS YEAR I WILL TAKE A LEAP OF FAITH- I WILL TAKE LEAPS OF FAITH. I DECLARE THAT THIS YEAR I WILL LIVE FAVOR-MINDED. I WILL EXPECT THE BEST THINGS TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR.
- The Legendary Trip That Was Bohol. (gmaeconde.wordpress.com)
- RJNTX ’11: A Year-End Review (rowjie.me)
- Seeing Bohol – Bohol, Philippines (travelpod.com)
- Old Years Resolutions (crunchylutheranmommy.wordpress.com)
- Journey of 2011 ‘ (mysteryxthoughts.wordpress.com)